Wednesday, July 6, 2016

River Cruise Packing

Guys! This feels so weird to say, but we are going on another trip - leaving tomorrow for a river cruise from Budapest to Nuremberg Germany, then a couple days in Prague. We have had this trip planned for a long time - the England trip a couple weeks ago was sort of a last minute thing thanks to our friends the Skinners, normally we would not be doing 2 big trips back to back like this. But hey, I'm not complaining - other than trying to once again figure out what to pack!

I did a little internet searching for a generic "what to pack for a 10 day outing in Europe" and actually came up with quite a few articles and lists. I narrowed it down to one site that has an "ultimate carry-on packing list" (click here for the list) which I think will be helpful with all the things I want to remember besides clothes (papers, cards, contact info, chargers, memory cards, voltage adaptors, etc.) and my favorite article (click here for that link) gave me tons of ideas for outfits and minimal packing tips. For instance, I read that for a 10 day trip you should shoot for having no more than 15 articles of clothing (not counting pajamas, coats, etc.) including tops, bottoms, and dresses. The idea being that every top goes with every bottom (which I already try to do but...) - one site said "only pack it if you can wear it at least twice", and the best advice that I'm trying very hard to stick to is keeping everything in a very neutral simple palate. So for now I have 17 pieces (pretty close to the 15 goal haha) mostly in black, white, and blue. Right now I'm trying to find jewelry and scarves to jazz up this very basic wardrobe. I really want to have room in my suitcase to bring back a few souvenirs!

Here's a picture of what I'm roughly packing, in addition to wearing a very comfortable (almost pajama like) maxi dress on the plane - so I guess that makes 18 articles of clothing! I haven't tried to fit it in my small carry-on yet, fingers crossed :)

yep, you're seeing correctly - I have 5 pairs of shoes for 10 days...I think this is pretty good actually ;)

I'm not sure what the wifi and cell service will be like on a river cruise (it wasn't so great in England and I'm worried I won't be able to have good access!) so I've asked a few people to help me out by being guest bloggers while I'm gone - hope you enjoy their posts! See you in a couple weeks with hopefully some good stories and photos to share. Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment