Saturday, February 22, 2020

Bacon-Infused Vodka

Hmmm...wonder what caught my eye and made me want to make bacon flavored vodka? Was it the thrill of bacon? Was it the alcohol? Ha! I don't know, but I saw it and wanted it, soooo... here ya go!

note: I only made 1/2 of the recipe because I'm not having a party any time soon requiring 2 cups of bacon flavored vodka - also, what if it's gross and I wasted perfectly good non-bacon flavored vodka?

Heat 2 T. bacon drippings in a deep saucepan over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat; slowly stir in 2 cups vodka until drippings are evenly incorporated. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

Pour mixture into a wide-mouth jar or glass measuring cup; cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.

Skim fat from surface of vodka; discard fat. Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with 2 layers of cheesecloth. Pour vodka through prepared strainer into a clean glass jar; discard solids. Repeat process until vodka is clear of any particles. Cover and store in fridge up to 2 weeks.

Perfect for bloody mary's!

second note: when it cooled in the pan the bacon fat congealed on the top of the vodka (see picture below), so I just poured the whole thing into a wire-mesh strainer and collected the fat along with any solids in one go.


Coastal Living magazine 5/17



No comments:

Post a Comment