Monday, February 15, 2021

Air Fryer Chicken Legs (3 ways) by Jen

I've only made a couple things in my air fryer so when my sis recently got one I asked her to share any good recipes with me - here's one for chicken legs and what she did, in her words:

Ahhh the air fryer.  All the rage.  I’m that girl that doesn’t cook but jumps on trends.  Oh everyone has an Instant Pot?  I need one!! I currently only drag it out to cook hard boiled eggs.  Yes I am aware I can cook those in a small pan on the stove however I REALLY want to drag out a giant instant pot to make 6 eggs. Anyway, I digress.  So. Air Fryer.  EVERYONE has one so I gotta have one too!! Especially when I find out I can also use it to replace my toaster oven. (I do actually use the toaster oven.. but now I have one that ALSO is an air fryer!) 

 


So after readying for hours trying to find all the things this thing could do  (but I never will use it for) I decide to give it a test run.

I don’t have any chicken wings (seems like a good place to start) so I drag out chicken legs.  Close enough. Since I spent so much time reading and I read so many recipes I had to try them all so I started with chicken legs 3 different ways. Plain, BBQ, and Cajun/Creole seasoned.  Simple simple. Did love that part.


Warmed up the Air Fryer on 400 for 5 minutes, placed the 6 legs in the air fryer basket.  Coated 2 with regular butter flavored cooking spray, 2 I spread BBQ sauce on, and 2 I sprinkled with creole/blackening seasoning. 

I cooked these for 12 minutes then flipped them over and coated the other side with the same.  Then cooked for another 12 minutes.  I have to say there is a chance I might actually use this thing!! They were GREAT.  All 3.  Done perfectly, moist inside, crispy outside.  Great.  

 

Now the question is, will this thing make me hard boiled eggs?


No comments:

Post a Comment