Saturday, March 12, 2016

Shamrock Shake

I haven't had a Mc'Ds shamrock shake in years, but since it's almost St. Patrick's Day and I've been doing drinks on Saturdays lately (Saturday Sips? What shall we call it haha?), I decided to try to make one today...

There are tons of copycat recipes out there - I went with a simple version: For one serving  put 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, one drop of mint extract (seriously just one drop - trust me), and a splash of green food coloring in the blender and blend until smooth. Top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry - pretty and yummy. To be perfectly honest I had to make this twice to make it edible - the first one I just added a few drops of mint and it was, to quote my niece at about 4 years old, "di-gusting".
Put just one drop in and taste - so much better!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I wish it essay write was able to be translated, but for some reason Google toolbar isn't working. I copy pasted it into another application and read the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder why the Goggle translator didn't work...glad you were able to figure out how to read the post though!

      Delete
  2. You're so awesome.I don't believe I've read anything like this before. So nice to discover someone with some unique thoughts on this topic. Seriously.many thanks for starting this up.
    casio

    ReplyDelete