Thursday, May 10, 2018

Smoked Paprika Shrimp

This recipe is from Sheryl and just about the most delicious shrimp appetizer ever. I had never heard of Pimenton before this; Sheryl was nice and bought me a tin of it (you can get on Amazon) but if you don't want to order it and can't find in the store I would substitute any other smoked paprika for the Pimenton.


I made large shrimp for dinner using this recipe and baked them on a sheet pan in the oven instead of skewering and bbq-ing, and they are excellent that way too! (Click here to see how to clean shrimp if you don't already know). She served it with a Green Goddess dressing/dip I'll share with you tomorrow. Oh my gosh these are fantastic. 

Here's what she gave me:

Jill - I don't have a recipe for this but I'll guesstimate the amounts that I used. I was only told the ingredients!


Marinate 1 pound shelled and deveined shrimp overnight in:
1/2 c olive oil
lemon zest from 1/2 medium lemon
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 rounded teaspoons Pimenton (Spanish paprika)-I used sweet, but I bet hot Pimenton would be great, too!

Skewer. BBQ about 3-4 minutes per side at a high temp. 

-Sheryl










1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill! It's wonderful to be immortalized here at your blog! Thanks for featuring the shrimp recipe. I'm so glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete