Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Sheet Pan Dinner: Breaded Pork Chops with Broccoli

I know Shake and Bake is meant to just be that - shake and bake it, but I like to doctor it up sometimes. I made this yummy easy version and Dave said I should blog it (of course he also should have reminded me to take a picture of this plated instead of still on the baking sheet! oh well...) - so here it is, on his recommendation:

make my day camp Jill Pasant doctored up shake and bake with parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning, rub pork chops with mustard and dip in the seasoned mix. Roast on a sheet pan with broccoli florets for a one dish meal.

Mix together one envelope of shake and bake seasoning, some grated parmesan cheese, and coarse Italian seasoning (I have a grinder mixed blend, if you don't have that add some oregano, rosemary, thyme, basil, black pepper - whatever!); I put it in a pie pan or a big plate. Spread some kind of mustard all over boneless pork chops - here I'm using a homemade mustard sauce but I also like dijon - then dip the chops in the seasoning mix so it's coated on all sides. I sprinkle additional Italian seasoning on top, mostly because it's pretty. Place on one side of a parchment lined baking sheet (makes for easy clean up) and put chopped raw broccoli florets on the other, drizzle a little olive oil over the broccoli and sprinkle with coarse salt; bake at 375' until chops are cooked thru and the broccoli is tender, about 25 minutes depending on how thick your chops are.






1 comment:

  1. Ok I have always wanted to try sheet pan dinners. This looks good

    ReplyDelete