Saturday, December 26, 2015

Crunchy Fruity Granola

Janis has been making this recipe for years, it came out of a children's cookbook so I was thinking it was going to be super sweet or something to get kids to eat it haha, but it isn't - and it's really good!

I've never made granola before, turns out it isn't hard at all and you can easily control the ingredients - just put in what you like. I added white and dark chocolate chips, and sprinkled a little coarse salt in...yum.

 Dave is allergic to nuts and it's not easy to find granola without them, so I made him a batch with cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips filled with coconut - delish.




I  have a couple tips for you (and myself next time):

(1) actually read the directions all the way thru before you start, or you'll be picking the cranberries and raisins out of the mix before baking it like me...





(2) instead of spraying the baking sheets with non stick spray like we did, use parchment paper! It stuck to the sheets pretty good and took a lot of scraping to break it up.


 We made 5 batches and ended up with 11 pint sized mason jars full. To give as gifts we cut circles of Christmas paper for the top and are putting ribbon around the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment