Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hot Chocolate Spoons


My friend Janis needed gifts for her neighbors  so we made granola for the adults and these hot chocolate spoons for the kids - I'll post the granola tomorrow (it 's really good). They turned out SO cute, I'm loving this for gifts!

I saw the idea here - instead of candy melts we used a tray of chocolate I found at the grocery store meant for melting right in the tray and dipping strawberries or whatever.

Melt the chocolate according to directions. Spoon chocolate into ice cube trays using about 1 1/2 tablespoons in each of the squares. Decorate with toppings and insert spoon into each square. After it is completely set gently remove from the cube trays.

We decorated with crunched up candy canes, mini m&ms, andes mint bits, and colored chocolate chips.

To package them we cut off the ziplock top on cute treat bags I got at the dollar store, put in a chocolate spoon and a few mini marshmallows, tied with bakers twine, and attached a label with directions (which are to stir into a glass of hot milk). I found the label from here, and then made a sheet of them to print out.


We used 16 oz. of chocolate and made 20 spoons.


No comments:

Post a Comment