Sunday, December 4, 2016

Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Fresh Chicken Sausage

This came together as a last minute "throw stuff in and see what happens" dinner, turned out so good and flavorful that I thought I'd share. The big take-away here is that you don't have to have a "recipe" to make easy quick delish dinners - it's ok to just wing it!

I was roasting cherry tomatoes (you know I'm obsessed with them - click here for one of many posts) with olive oil, coarse salt and italian seasoning, and trying to decide how to turn them into dinner. Dave brought home some fresh chicken sausage links from our little meat store and I thought they'd be great grilled, served over a bed of the roasted tomatoes mixed with pasta - super simple. Just boil whatever pasta you have on hand, mix together with the roasted tomatoes in all the juice and olive oil that's in the pan (add a little more olive oil if it seems like it needs it), I threw in a handful of arugula and adjusted the seasonings. We boiled the sausages in a couple inches of water for 10 minutes, drain and then finished on the grill. A little parmesan to finish. Done. And yum.


1 comment: