Thursday, November 1, 2018

Pumpkin...Snowman?...by Jen

*Jill here - this post is from my sissy...I'm ignoring her whole begging-for-stuff-hints by the way... it's such a cute idea!


So sometimes I like to just send my sister ideas for her blog.  Things I have seen, a craft I would like her to make for me, food I want her to make for me (you get the theme, right?)..

Anyway I saw this picture online for what to do with leftover pumpkins.  LEFTOVER PUMPKINS? A SNOWMAN?  As in, make this in the winter? 



So I’m a little curious on this one.  If I have the pumpkins at the beginning of October before Halloween, it sits on my porch all month, and then assuming some brat faced neighbor kid doesn’t smash it, you are going to make a snowman out of it a solid 2 months later?  I realize I am no crafter (or gardener, or decorator) but ummm… is there a post that goes with this that tells me how to keep a pumpkin from rotting in a 3 month span?

If my sister finds the secret though I would be happy for her to make it FOR ME😊


*Jill again - I'm thinking instead of trying to do this with fresh "leftover" pumpkins, we should buy the fake ones on super sale now that Halloween is over and make a snowman out of those! No rotting, no brat faced neighbor smashing it ;) 

I'm going to make one and will show you how it turns out! Don't tell my sis tho, she'll want it (obviously)...

PS: I've been seeing lots of online info on preserving those little decorative pumpkins and gourds by soaking them in bleach and then rubbing vaseline all over...just fyi. If you're so inclined. I'm totally going with the fakes. 

11.1.2017: pumpkin applesauce muffins
11.1.2016: make a wine cork pumpkin
11.1.2015: pumpkin gingersnap trifle


I did end up making her a mini pumpkin snowman, posted 12/7/18 click here to see how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment