Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Pineapple Flowers

I saw this idea in an old Good Housekeeping post from 2015 - they made these pretty pineapple flowers to set on top of frosted cupcakes, I love the idea and gave it a try. I had a hard time getting them dry without them turning too brown, and they didn't hold their cupped shape but I think they are still really pretty, and different, and I will definitely make more of these in the future. I didn't have cupcakes on hand so I laid them on mini banana bread - aren't they cute?!

Peel and scoop eyes from 1 ripe pineapple. Blot dry with paper towel, then pale on towel on cutting board. With serrated knife, thinly slice into 1/16" rounds; blot again. Place on parchment-paper lined cookie sheets. Bake in 225' oven for 30 minutes; carefully turn slices over. Bake 30 to 40 minutes more or until very dry. Place in cups of muffin pan; gently press down centers to form shallow cups. Let stand until stiff. Press gently into frosting. 




I think I didn't cut them into thin enough slices and that's why I struggled getting them oven-dried - but I couldn't slice them any thinner with them shredding. Next time I'll try slicing the pineapple with my mandolin and see if I can get thinner slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment