Friday, July 23, 2021

Baked Spicy Shrimp

This recipe came out of an old recipe book I used to have, don't remember the name of it but it was something about recipes from Michigan. In the book this is called 'Steve's Spicy Shrimp' - I don't know why I don't have the book anymore or who Steve is, but he nailed this recipe and I'm still making it years later.

Ingredients:
  • 20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 3 oz. Old Bay seasoning
  • 1 cup cracker meal
Mix together the old bay and cracker meal in a ziplock baggie (or in a shallow plate). Rinse the shrimp to moisten, add to the bag a few at a time; shake until coated. Saute in a little olive oil until cooked thru; remove from pan and dry on paper towel to remove some of the oil. Serve with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, or my cheater take on 'remoulade' which is mixing ketchup, horseradish, and sour cream or Greek yogurt together. 

Note: over the years I've changed the cooking method to baking the breaded shrimp in a 350' oven for a few minutes until cooked through. I've also substituted panko crumbs or seasoned Ritz cracker crumbs for the cracker meal - all good!






No comments:

Post a Comment