Saturday, July 3, 2021

Slow-Cooker Cheesy Breakfast Potatoes

Kicking around ideas for a brunch my sis and I are planning for the end of the month - I wondered if there's such thing as breakfast cheesy potatoes in a crock pot and Jen immediately googled and sent me the first one she found. And it sounded great - it's just standard cheesy potatoes with bacon and green chilies. I did a practice run to test them and even tho 'breakfast' is in the title we had them as a side with grilled chicken for dinner. Everyone loved them, except my mom - said she didn't care for the bacon but I agree with Paula Deen that everything tastes better with bacon hahahha! 

If you already have a good recipe for cheesy potatoes go ahead and use it and just add the bacon and green chilies. If you don't, here's the recipe I followed other than I added a 2nd small can of green chilies after some of the reviews noted they couldn't taste them. 

ingredients:

  • 1 package (16 oz) bacon
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 16 oz. sour cream
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chilies
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. pepper
  • 1 (30 oz) bag frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 1 package (8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups)
  • 2 T. butter, melted
  • chopped chives for garnish, if desired
directions:

1. cook the bacon however you prefer and crumble. (sometimes I do it in the microwave but this time I cut it into pieces and cooked in a large pan on the stovetop).

2. spray and/or line your crockpot. Add the potatoes and onions. Combine the sour cream, soup, green chilies, salt and pepper and pour over the potatoes, then mix well to combine. Fold in the cheese and bacon. Drizzle with the melted butter.

3. cover the crockpot with a kitchen towel before adding the cover (keeps the condensation out of the potatoes). cook on HIGH for 3 hours, stirring once or as needed. 


This keeps really well, we had it for dinner and breakfast the next day and my sis had it a couple days later and it was still good.  

recipe found here

7.3.20: patriotic donut pops

7.3.19: patriotic mini fruit pies

7.3.18: triple berry shortcake

7.3.17: june outfits

7.3.16: nail art for the 4th



No comments:

Post a Comment