Monday, July 3, 2017

What to Wear: Outfits in June

A few outfits I like that got worn in June - still on my quest to not wear yoga pants every day ;) Maybe they'll give you some ideas...or maybe you'll rename my post "what not to wear" haha!!

shopping and casual dinner out: simple tank and capris look so much cuter with the
bright teva's and matching tassel earrings. A little tip/hint - these capris are pull-on jeans with a
stretchy waistband instead of a button so they are smooth under a shirt. I've never worn this
 kind before 'cuz I thought they were a little "old lady" and would look it, but they don't! They look
like regular jeans but are (a) so much more comfortable! and (b) no button means a
smoother front - don't you hate when the button makes your shirt stick out?

Open House: black distressed skinnies, black flat sandals, flowy camisole, chunky
necklace and big watch.. and a fringed belt bag! I do love a belt bag ;)

Running Errands: this is just a simple uninspiring t-shirt dress that normally I wear with white tennies or flip flops. Brooke (my 13 year old niece) gave me her hand-me-down red Converse high tops that I've been wearing with everything now (!) and I got SO many compliments on this outfit this time. Goes to show - one simple accessory makes the outfit so much more interesting!

Dance Recital: got my "boho" look on - handkerchief dress with ankle strap sandals
 and the coolest earrings ever! Ok, ok, everyone makes fun of them  - but I love these earrings!

cool, right?

working at Ronda's: just jazzed up a jean skirt by adding my
fun bright teva's and a buff (hair wrap - perfect for bad hair days!).
And my usual favorite hoops that I got at Francesca's - I wear them constantly!


dinner at Al and Cathy's - don't usually love the "cold shoulder" style on me but this one works.
the skirt is just a stretchy flowy comfy one - it was SO hot outside!

simple pulled back braid seemed to go with the outfit and kept some hair off my face.  One of the little cheerleaders from back in my coaching days made me these earrings - they are black and red so went perfect with my outfit.






No comments:

Post a Comment