Sunday, July 2, 2017

Cheesy (Overly) Stuffed Omelet


I'm not sure why I made us omelets using all kinds of stuff from the fridge, but I did and it turned out to be the very best omelet ever! Dave said "well I guess we don't have to go to IHOP anymore..."


Just make a regular old omelet however you do it...I'm not sure what the "right" way is but here's what I do: break some eggs into a bowl and lightly beat them with a splash of milk. Spray a large frying pan with non-stick spray, heat to medium-low and pour in the eggs. Let them sit undisturbed until they sort of start to set, then I lift the pan and let the still runny part run to the edges, lift the firmer edge of the omelet up so the uncooked eggs run underneath. Keep doing that until it's almost set up.

 So that's just my traditional plain egg base - now comes the yummy part...you can add whatever fillings you like, usually I just do cheese and maybe some spinach. This time however I was cleaning out the fridge and got more creative. I dropped on some dabs of cream cheese, then left-over mashed potatoes (heat them up before putting on the omelet), sprinkled on bacon bits, a layer of spinach, some halved cherry tomatoes, and a little shredded cheddar cheese. Turn the heat off and cover, let steam for a couple minutes till the spinach gets soft. Top with a little more cheddar, a couple avocado slices, and a dollop of sour cream. SO good!!!


2 comments:

  1. Ya no Ihop needed! This looks amazing good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so good...looking at this pic makes me want to eat it all over again :) yum!

      Delete