Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Chocolate Mint Cookies

This is from Redbook magazine 12/2000 - it's one of those recipes that is a basic dough then they change it up different ways. For some reason I've never tried any of the other versions but have made these chocolate mint ones a lot...since we love this one I should probably try the others too! Macadamia white chocolate chip, toffee pecan drops, and drizzled ginger-spice chews are the other versions - D can't eat 2 of those so I'm gonna make the ginger spice ones and let you know how it goes. Anyway - for now here is the chocolate mint recipe:

2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
9 oz. coarsely chopped creme de menthe thins (I use Andes mint chips)

Preheat oven to 375'. Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda and set aside. Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy, 1 minute. Add sugars and beat until smooth, 2 minutes. Add egg, milk, and vanilla, then beat to combine. Add flour mixture, and mix until moistened. Stir in chocolate mint pieces. Spoon onto an engrossed baking sheet in rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 in. apart, and bake 10 to 12 minutes.

I made some using my 2 Tablespoon scoop, and smaller ones with a
1 Tablespoon scoop. The larger ones only took 13 minutes to bake.

I baked half of the dough and froze the other half in 1 Tablespoon balls for later

gave some to my friend Teri who was worried she'd eat them all
before she got home to share with her family - she said that I should
make it so she couldn't get at them... so I duct taped the
opening to help her with self control LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment