Saturday, July 15, 2017

Card Holder (from re-purposed junk!)

This is a totally jerry-rigged odd thing I made for Ronda's display table using stuff that was just laying around - but it turned out pretty cute and Ronda didn't make fun of it, so I'll share. Not since I made the travel jewelry pouch using a potholder and plastic baggies (click here for that post) have I created such a totally made up thing that could potentially be lame but turned out ok, hahaha.

So - this is an unfinished wood candleholder, an empty ribbon spool, hoop earrings, beads, a wine cork, and some twine. First I covered the top of the spool with some Stampin' Up patterned paper. Cut a slit into the top of the cork, put it thru the spool, and stood it up in the candleholder. Then inserted a cute flat card into the slit and hot glued some twine along the edges of the spool. That looked pretty good but it needed a little more jazzing up so I punched four holes in the spool, threaded the earring hoops thru and added a bead on each one.



The finished display table!


No comments:

Post a Comment