Monday, July 31, 2017

Boho Earrings

I saw this idea on Michaels.com along with a necklace, they didn't provide instructions for making the earrings so I just used the picture for inspiration and winged it. I did change a couple things - theirs are hanging on dangling ear wires, I did mine off silver posts; and it looks like they used chain above the beads but I substituted copper tube beads. These took me less than 1/2 hour to make and I love how they turned out!










Supplies:

  •  something to hang them from - silver posts like mine (with a little loop on the bottom to attach the beads), hoops, ear wires...whatever. 
  • 2 2" eye pins with loop on one side
  • 4 small copper tube beads
  • 12 4mm beads
  • 6 silver feather charms
  • 4 jump rings
  • small needle nose pliers
Directions:

for each earring - string 6 beads then 2 copper tube beads on the eye pin, bend the top of the pin using the pliers into a closed loop. Attach to a jump ring (open the jump ring using 2 tweezers, pull one side towards you and push the other side away from you - put thru the beaded loop and close by reversing how you opened the ring). Put the 3 feather charms on another jump ring and then attach to the bottom of the beaded strand. 


how to open a jump ring









one year ago today: the best baked beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment