Friday, July 14, 2017

Paper Umbrella

I took the glass stones out of the mesh
bag before putting it on her table! 
While making things for Ronda's seasonal display I thought I needed to make paper umbrellas, 'cause that seems pretty beachy. Found some patterns online (click here for the source and pattern I used), cut them out using different Stampin' Up papers and whipped them up in no time. I made a couple different sizes but the instructions are the same, just scale the original pattern up or down to make it the size you want. I originally had a small one in the beachy scene in a box that I showed you yesterday (click here for that post) but then I moved it to a clear glass decorative box along with some sand and shells. The large umbrella looks perfect in a big chunky footed glass filled with small clear glass rocks - I think they look like ice cubes. Cute, right? Try them, they're easy and fun - these would be cute for all kinds of events and parties!









pattern is on the top right, finished umbrella
top is next to it. Cut out 8 "petals" in whatever
paper you want - I mixed them up but just
one or two colors would be cute too!


fold the tabs as instructed on the pattern

glue to each other forming the umbrella. I don't have a picture but you then
stick a skewer thru the little hole in the top of the umbrella where all the
pieces come together in the middle, add a drop of glue to hold.
Then glue a small bead to the tip of the skewer to finish. 





1 comment: