Saturday, July 29, 2017

Wonder Woman Keychain

I have a friend that has been going thru a rough-patch lately but she is so optimistic and positive that she is quite the inspiration to me! Her being so up-beat, strong, and hopeful for the future, while still rocking her hectic day-to-day life, has earned her the nickname "Wonder Woman" - so when I saw this charm at the craft store I immediately knew I had to make her a fun keychain to remind her (and myself!) that there is a super-hero in all of us, just waiting for the right time to step in and help out.

I made a simple tassel with a long piece of red leather cord I had laying around, tied with yellow embroidery thread (going with the super hero colors here haha) and put it on the keychain. Next up string a few beads on a 2" eye pin, make a small loop at the top using needle nose pliers, and attach it to the keychain. Then add the charm (which already has a loop on the top) and call it done.

To finish I made one of those cute paper pouches inspired by Ronda (remember - I made 120 of them for her? Yeah, I'm not going to forget how to make them for a good long time. Can you believe I even wanted to make another haha?). Since I was going for a super hero theme I made the pouch out of blue paper with a 1" red paper band around it, then glued on what seemed "super hero-y" details. Punched a hole in the back and tied the keychain to the top of the pouch and slid the rest inside. Cute right? She was thrilled  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment