Saturday, July 1, 2017

Beaded Flag Pin

Cleaned and reorganized my craft room and found this pin that I made a while ago - perfect timing since the Fourth of July is almost here and if you don't want to make and wear my pompom earrings (click here for that post) then maybe a beaded flag pin will be just what you need ;).





Super easy, just like I like...

10 big safety pins
red, white, and blue beads (amount will depend on the size of your beads. not sure what size mine are but 9 of them fit on one safety pin so I used a total of 28 clear, 37 red, 16 blue).


On 5 of the pins put a red, clear, red, clear, red, clear, red, clear, red bead; then pin them on the solid non-opening side of one pin (9 pins dangle off of 1 main pin). The other 4 pins put 4 blue; then a red, clear, red, clear, red and pin them on the main pin to make a flag pattern. I opened up the circle at the end of the main pin enough to thread the 9 hanging pins thru their circles (make sense? see picture for example) then tighten the main circle up again. Easy, and it's cute!






No comments:

Post a Comment