Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Granola Bites



My sister went on a road trip and right before she left I woke up thinking I should make her a treat for the car - last summer I made my niece popcorn toffee crack bars and they were a big hit (click here for that post and recipe), but I wanted to make my sissy something different. Of course I decided I was making whatever at 7a.m. still in my pajamas so had to make it with ingredients I already had on hand...enter these granola bites. I tweaked a recipe for granola bars I found here, and they turned out really good! So good that my sis declared she was telling everyone she made them and if I wanted her to write a blog post on how good she did she'd be happy to do so hahahaha. Dork.

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 2 T. honey
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups oats
  • 1 cup honey nut chex cereal 
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • pinch of coarse salt
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350'. Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray. 
  2. In a big glass measuring bowl microwave peanut butter, honey, and vanilla for 30 seconds.
  3. Add bananas and mash together with a fork, then stir in brown sugar and mix well.
  4. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine (it'll be thick). 
  5. Fill the mini muffin tins equally with about 2 T. dough in each, flatten the tops so they are about even with the top of the mini muffin tin.
  6. Bake about 12-14 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Store in the fridge. Makes about 32 bites.
note: you can also freeze these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment