Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Travel Jewelry Pouch

I can't decide if this is the lamest thing I've made in a long time or the most clever use of household items and I'm a genius...I'll leave it up to you. I started this blog to show you things I make - for better or worse hahaha! (I will say thoughts of my crafty Grandma came to mind while I was making it, this is right up her alley) The best thing is it literally took me 5 minutes to make - if you find this idea not totally ridiculous and want to make one,  it would be a cute funny quick stocking stuffer (or white elephant gift!). Ok, enough stalling...here it is:


You'll need a square potholder with a hanging loop on the side (use a thinner one that bends easily - I got these potholders at a dollar store 2/$1), 10 snack sized ziplock baggies, a button that fits the loop on the side of the potholder, and some tape.


Lay the potholder inside up (right-side down), place one baggie on the right with the zipper towards the right edge - put a little piece of tape on the top and bottom to hold it in place. Then put a baggie on the left side with the zipper towards the left edge and tape in place. Continue alternating sides, overlapping and taping the baggies until you have 5 on each side.

        

Sew a zigzag stitch down the middle of the potholder (which is also down the middle of the overlapping baggies).

Fold the potholder in half, find where the loop will meet the other side and sew the button on for the closure.



each baggie can hold a different piece of
jewelry and not get tangled together

you can hang it from the loop, although
it's looking much more like a potholder and
some baggies hanging like this! ha!

the jewelry is being protected more since
the potholder has batting or whatever in it
which gives it some cushion. 

I got the idea for this idea here, they made this as an "emergency clutch" holding bandaids, aspirin, etc. - I saw it though and thought it would make a good jewelry pouch. Well, anyone game to make one? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment