Saturday, December 12, 2015

Fireball Hot Toddy

Haha, like my including alcoholic beverages in a cozy winter scene? I've never had a hot toddy before so not sure how this stacks up, but I'm cold and feeling like a warm drink and saw this recipe...cinnamon whiskey mixed with honey, lemon, and hot water. Very easy and it's just a little glass so I thought I'd try it. I read that hot toddy's are good for the common cold - excellent, I can now honestly say my drinking is medicinal!

1 shot Fireball Whiskey (I used 1 ounce, Dave says a shot is more like 1 1/4 ounce)
1 T. honey
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup boiling water

Stir all ingredients into a mug until the honey melts. Garnish with a lemon slice or cinnamon stick (I had neither and it looks just fine without!).

I only have giant mugs so I poured it into this cute little glass instead - plus it doesn't seem so much like drinking whiskey this way :). Medicine that tastes good, nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment