Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Breakfast Pie

I have had this recipe for years from Borchers Bed and Breakfast in northern Michigan - don't remember how I ended up with it; I probably either asked for it or drooled enough over the pie at breakfast that they gave the recipe to me so I'd stop eating their pie and make my own...not sure. Either way I didn't steal it haha and hopefully they are cool with me sharing it! If you're ever in the area and stay there tell them I'm still making it and we LOVE it :)


This is a great thing to make for overnight guests, a Holiday breakfast, or just when you feel like pie for breakfast (!) - it's hard to tell there is cream of mushroom soup and velveeta in it, I know that might sound a little unhealthy but sometimes it's worth it. I double the recipe and usually put one in the freezer; it also holds well if you want to make it the day before. Enjoy!

layer chopped hard boiled eggs and cubed Velveeta over hash brown mixture

top with puff pastry, here I am trimming the edges to fit. I sealed the edges by
pushing a fork into the dough all around the top. 

brush with an egg wash - I whisked one egg with a splash of milk


delish!

Click here for recipe and notes on changes I make. You can also find it under "eat" on the top of this blog.




4 comments:

  1. Do you cook the hash brown first?
    How much do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you see the recipe (click either where it says "recipe" at the top or "here" at the bottom)? The recipe calls for 14 ounces, and you brown them with onions and peppers (if you want to use them) before adding the other ingredients. I you can't get the recipe to open I will type it out for you here! Thanks for asking, this is SUCH a delicious breakfast dish!

      Delete
    2. Please send the recipe to me at lselindysoileau@gmail.com
      I am unable to get it when I click the designated areas.

      Delete
    3. Just lindysoileau@gmail.com.
      THANKS A MILLION!

      Delete