Thursday, December 17, 2015

Homemade Dog Cookies

Of course I'm not going to forget about my furry "nieces and nephews"  - they need a Christmas gift too!


These are pretty easy to make - it's a quick dough made from normal ingredients that I had on hand (except the wheat germ) that you roll, cut out, bake, and can even personalize (although I chose not to - the recipe calls for cream cheese mixed with flour to pipe names on the cookies but I am shipping these and don't think the cream cheese is going to hold it's shape in the mail. I did add "frosting" to the tops of a couple stockings before realizing it's not practical for me to send them that way).


I thought I had a bone shaped cookie cutter but I don't - so made big stockings, medium scotties, and small stars instead. This recipe made a lot of cookies!



I packaged them in these ziplock gift baggies that I found at a dollar store and will get them out in the mail tomorrow. I better have Sarge taste taste them though before I do :).

Click here for the recipe from All You Magazine.

2/2024 UPDATE: once again the link to a recipe I posted stopped working - I think I learned my lesson in later years to not just link the recipe but to also print it! I cannot find the original recipe I followed but this  different one I found on myrecipes seems right:

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour 
  • ¾ cup toasted wheat germ 
  • ¼ cup brewers yeast 
  • ⅓ cup natural chunky peanut butter 
  • 1 large egg 
  • ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth 
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment