Thursday, December 24, 2015

Pop Up Gift Wrap

I lied, still not posting granola. I hope you weren't planning to make granola on Christmas Eve - if so I'm sorry and the recipe is under "eat" on the top of the blog if you can't wait haha! I wanted to show you a last minute gift wrapping idea that I just tried and is so cute - do this if it works with your paper design!

Measure and cut the wrapping paper to fit your gift. Find where on the paper the top of your box will be and where you want the pop up shape to be. Lay the paper on a cutting mat and using an exacto/craft (something with sharp pointy tip) knife cut very carefully around the shape, leaving the bottom intact. Fold the shape up making a sharp crease along the base of the shape so it will stand up on its own.

 In this case I used polar bear paper and traced around one bear, trimming along the bottom just as far as it took for the bear to stand up.






My bear is a little big and I'm afraid it won't want to stay up so I turned the paper over and backed the shape with a piece of cardstock I cut out to fit the stand up shape - stuck it on with my stampin' up glue roller thingy. If your shapes are small they should stand up on their own.





Push the shape back down and wrap the present like usual. I wrapped a white box so where the bear is cut out is white - if you want put a piece of paper on the box where the cutouts will be so you won't see the box top under the cutout.  Then stand the cut out shape back up.




Here's a close up of what it looks like wrapped...





And here's the back side...


No comments:

Post a Comment