Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Sea Salt Body Scrub

Here is a very easy and quick gift you can make out of things you probably have on hand (or it's easy to find the ingredients at the grocery store if you don't).

It just occurred to me that this would also be very good in recipes - it's all natural salt, oil, dried herbs... if you don't want to use it as a body scrub just make some and add a little to a marinade or salad dressing!





To make 2 jars (I think these are half-pint jars, I like that they are wide mouth so it will be easier to scoop the scrub out) mix together 2 cups fine mediterranean sea salt and 1+ Tablespoons Herbs de Provence (store bought mixture of different herbs including rosemary and lavender), then add 1 cup of sunflower oil and mix well (I used my Pampered Chef meat chopping thing to get any lumps out and make sure the mixture is smooth - a spoon would work fine!).


If you don't have those exact ingredients and want to make this using what you have on hand I would substitute table salt and olive oil, then whatever dried herbs you have that seem spa-like (rosemary, thyme, sage, lavender, citrus...).

Put in jars, make a label, tie with a ribbon or twine if you want.



I know just who I'm giving these to, but will keep a secret for now - I'm pretty sure they'll see this!


No comments:

Post a Comment