Wednesday, December 2, 2015

DIY Bell Bottom Jeans

Not exactly sure why, but I decided I needed to make myself some super flare bell bottom jeans - did a little research online to see if anyone had good suggestions on how to do this and ended up combining a few ideas to come up with these.


Starting with a pair of straight leg jeans, I ripped out the outside seams up to the knee and took out the hem.


Next I cut a triangle out of leftover fabric scraps to fit into the opening I just made in the jeans - I made my triangle pretty wide since I was going for a super flare, it could be much narrower if you don't want them quite so flared.


Pin the triangle in place and sew from the top of triangle down to the hem on both sides. I sewed the hem of the jeans where I wanted the length to be but left the fabric un-hemmed with a little fray on the bottom.


Wore these to dinner and had a funky bald motorcycle-looking dude come up and say how much he liked my jeans, asked if I made them myself and said "right on, I have a few pairs I made for myself too"....hahahaha, well at least there's 2 of us out there that enjoy this look!! Get your groove on and give it a try (please. please make some so it's not just me and the bald guy rocking these).



1 comment:

  1. I'm about to make some for my daughter who needs them for school next week

    ReplyDelete