Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Bell Door Hanger

My friend Janis came over for crafting at Day Camp and we made these cute door hangers out of a bell and a bird...


I found large bells at the craft store, not as big as I was hoping but they're pretty large. We ran a ribbon thru the loop on the top of the bell and tied a knot, leaving long tails - I had this bright green on hand, you could use narrower ribbon or patterned ribbon or twine...use your imagination and whatever you have on hand. 


 Then we raided the Christmas decorating box and came up with some pieces of wired garland, berry picks, cardinals (cardinals just seem like Christmas to me - did you notice my Thanksmas/Christmas tree was decorated with cardinals and poinsettias?), silver leaves...just use whatever you can find. Little pine cones or shells would be cute - whatever will fit on the top of the bell.


After tying on the ribbon, just build up what's going on the bell, hot gluing different things until you like how it looks. For this one I used a berry pick, a 4" piece of garland, a couple silver leaves, and the bird on top. That's about it for directions haha, just hot glue things to the top of the bell and hang it up!

I used one of the dollar store wine glasses
on my craft table as a holder for the bell
 so it stayed put while I hot glued stuff to it,
hands free while hot gluing is always a
good thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment