Monday, October 10, 2022

Backpack Charm

My sis has a plain black backpack she uses for traveling and even tho she’s never been a purse charm sorta girl she’s decided that now she wants something fun dangling from the backpack. She’s been looking for random keychains and pompoms and all kinds of miscellaneous shizzle. So the other day, and I don’t know why it took this long, it occurred to me that I could easily make her one and (a) she will shut up about finding something, (b) can now just tell people her sister made it for her in case her friends make fun of her for having a purse charm which is out of character for her and they know it lol, and (c) it’s what I do and why wouldn’t I make it instead of her buying a something random off Amazon?

These are simple to make: cut a bunch of cords, ribbons, leather strips, hemp, whatever you have or like into long lengths (you can trim them when it’s done so cut them a bit longer than you think you want). Fold the bunch in half and feed thru a round key ring (a book ring works too), then bring the ends up and thru the folded loop. Pull tight. Then add charms, braids, beads, etc to finish. Trim to the length you want. 

I kept this fairly simple to ease my sis into the world of backpack charms, you can make this fuller, longer, more decorated if you want more!  I have these hanaging off of everything hahahha 😉

10.10.21: 🔥 week 41

10.10.20: bacon wrapped cocktail sausage

10.10.19: carving pumpkins

10.10.18: mummy pumpkin



10.10.17: Mickey's fall wreath


10.10.16: ghost garland lights


10.10.15: Halloween granulated wax layered candle

No comments:

Post a Comment