Monday, October 3, 2022

Dividing Iris Plants

I’ve never divided any plants and always thought that to divide them you literally cut it in half and transplant the half elsewhere. So when Peggy told me this iris at our campsite could probably benefit from being divided I thought I’d give it a try and googled how-to. Good thing I looked it up because at least in the case of iris’s it’s not as simple as splitting it in half!

I dug up the whole iris plant which is actually clumps of rhizomes, separate the rhizomes leaving the roots and leaves on each one, then replant a few inches apart. Don’t plant too deep - there are lots of sites showing you exactly how to do this but it’s easy. 


Today’s post won’t be very interesting if you don’t have an iris to divide haha, but thought I’d share that dividing plants isn’t as simple as just cutting them in half! Plus it’s what I “made” at camp and that’s kinda the point of posting lol. 

10.3.21: ðŸ”¥ week 40

10.3.20: Parmesan bubble bread 

10.3.19: 30-day plank challenge 

10.3.18: molasses oatmeal cookies 

10.3.17: my sister made creepy donut hole eyeballs

10.3.16: make a tassel keychain or purse charm

10.3.15: how I decorate our front porch





No comments:

Post a Comment