Monday, October 17, 2022

10.17.22

Well I just took an unexpected week off from blogging with no warning to you ahead of time or getting people to cover for me - sorry ‘bout that! Now I’m going to have a big ol’ hole in my blog history. My mom passed away quite unexpectantly and we had to go to Tennessee to make some arrangements - I’m so glad we went down a couple weeks ago and had a great weekend with her, she was doing so good! Looking back, even tho it was our last time with her, I think she was feeling blessed and happy she got to do all her favorite things - we shopped, had lunch out, got her Starbucks (which was always the first stop on our outings haha!), went to church, had her fave Mexican food (and Chinese, and pizza - we didn’t lack for food!), and got to spend lots of time with all her daughters, the Tennessee grandkids, and one of her best friends. 

She always read the blog, contributed a few posts, and we talked quite a bit about cooking - she often knew answers to questions I had without my having to Google haha; how to make fried green tomatoes is the first one that comes to mind because a friend and I were just talking about making them. I got my love of cooking and decorating from her for sure - oh and one lesson I definitely learned from watching her is that if you want something done, figure out how to get it done (once she took out a wall in the kitchen that she wanted gone - all by herself!). Thanks to her I’m able to move large pieces of furniture around without help, where there’s a will there’s a way! 

I’m back at home and even tho I STILL don’t have a computer (4 weeks now) I’ll be back to sharing recipes, projects, tips, crafts, whatever else I can think of to make at camp. Stay tuned!

Thanks for listening to me ramble. 

10.17.21: 🔥 week 42

10.17.20: panko crusted baked scallops

10.17.19: MSIH: chicken spaghetti

















10.17.2017: make a candy corn wreath











10.17.2016: paint a Halloween canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment