Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Candy Corn Wreath

What a fun, easy, quick project that turned out so cute! Love this one - and not just because it only took half a bag of candy corn so I get to eat the rest...er, I mean I get to make something else with the rest ;)

I used an 8.8 x 1/2" white foam wreath for the base. Wrap the entire thing with black electrical tape (I got some super cheap at the dollar store), hot glue rows of candy corn on the top, alternating which direction you put them down (see picture). Tie on a big ribbon - I put it over the place on the wreath where the candy corn rows came together and there was a little empty space there, the ribbon covered it up. If you start each row in the same place it'll be easy to find where the bow should go.

I saw this inspiration here from Womans Day magazine,  they used a larger wreath and glued candy to the inner and outside edge but I liked how it looked with candy just on the top so I stopped there.




this wreath is thin and kinda flimsy, I cracked it a couple of times while taping it!
if that happens just wrap an extra piece of tape around where it broke to give it strength.

I started with the outside circle, then did middle, then inner circle last. 

I left the tails long at first but then decided they were too long...


one year ago: all you need is a canvas and black sharpie to make this spooky Halloween decor!

two years ago: birds on sticks makes for cool easy Halloween decor.


No comments:

Post a Comment