Friday, October 27, 2017

Candy Corn Cupcakes

Another easy way to decorate Halloween or Fall cupcakes - like candy corn! Warning: this is buttercream frosting overload, there's as much frosting as cake hahah...not that there's anything wrong with that, just be aware ;)

Start with vanilla buttercream. Portion out about 1/3 of it and tint it yellow. Using a big round tip, pipe the yellow in a circle as the bottom layer of a candy corn. Then, because yellow and red make orange, I added another 1/3 to what was left of the yellow and tinted orange by adding a bit of red until I got the color I wanted. Using a big round tip, pipe the orange in a smaller circle on top of the yellow - that represents the middle layer of candy corn. Then using a big round tip, pipe white frosting on top of the orange representing the tip of the candy corn. Sprinkle white coarse sanding sugar on top of the white and add a candy corn if you want. Cute!




I sent these and the mummies to Brooke's soccer practice and everyone seemed to love them. Brooke then texted me this morning to see if I'd make 31 candy corn cupcakes for her Halloween school party on Tuesday - of course I will!







PS: do you remember my saying that I usually "clean as I go" and "finish what I start"? Well after my cupcake decorating I walked out of the kitchen and when I returned this is what I saw!! For real, I did not open these drawers for the picture - this is actually the giant mess I made! Good grief.









two years ago: mummy meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment