Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzels

This is one of those cases of the project looking better online - I loved the photos I saw of these owls but when trying to make them I just couldn't get them perfect. A classic "pinterest fail" moment hahahah. After making a plate of them I decided to abandon the owls and just make dipped pretzels with sprinkles - I added a couple of the cuter owls on top of a bowl of sprinkled ones to take to a party and no one noticed that the owls weren't perfect (or if they did no one said anything LOL!).

I'm sharing tho because it is a cute idea and maybe with a little more patience you'll do better than I did!

The pictures I saw online used a chocolate covered sunflower seed for the beak, I couldn't find any and substituted a candy corn instead - maybe that's why they didn't turn out as good as I wanted?

Directions are pretty easy: melt chocolate according to package directions, dip the pretzels and let dry (unless you are making the sprinkled version, it that case add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet). With chocolate frosting in a piping bag, fill 2 of the spaces in the pretzels and add candy eyes. Add a couple dots for the ears and beak. Stick a couple chocolate chips on for the ears, and either a sunflower seed or candy corn for the beak.







I made these mummy pretzels last year, similar directions (fill in the pretzel with melted white chocolate, add zig zags in white and stick on candy eyes) and I LOVE how they turned out!



one year ago: paint an ugly dollar store figurine to make this creepy bat! 












No comments:

Post a Comment