Thursday, October 12, 2017

Paper Owl

 Found a thin wood silhouette of an owl at our local grocery store on the clearance shelf for a buck. I didn't have a plan but how could I pass up that deal? I thought I was going to paint it but when I was sitting in my craft room surrounded by all kinds of Stampin' Up paper from Ronda I had the idea to just cover it with paper - yes, pretty lazy craft it's true...but look how cute it turned out! Seriously, anyone can do this! All  you need is some scrapbooking paper, googley eyes, scissors, and a glue stick.






I traced the owl shape onto a 12x12" piece of patterned paper, cut out and glued onto the wood form with the glue stick. Then I just decorated him with whatever I had on hand - behind the big google eyes I glued down 2 daisy shapes that I had left over from a flower wreath I made Ronda that I haven't shown you yet (soon!), and cut a little triangle for the beak. Then using the same pattern paper I cut pieces to fit for on the top of her head and for "wings" - I fringed them by making little cuts down one side - then glue those in place. That's it. Really, this is so easy! She's a cute addition to Ronda's display table, I'm going to show you the final result in the next couple days :)




one year ago: Cassandra's fabulous No-Bake Cookies



two years ago: Halloween Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment