Sunday, October 29, 2017

Easy Spider Cookies...by Jenny

Since I love Halloween and I love when my sister owes me I am pitching in one more post.  Let me be upfront that I do NOTHING from scratch and am the queen of faking "crafty".  Unlike my sister who makes mummy cupcakes from scratch I start my Halloween dessert with store boughten cookie dough and end with store boughten frosting already in a squeeze tube. 

1 tube of chocolate Cookie dough
1 tube of brown decorator frosting
1 package of candy eyes (in the baking aisle) 
1 package Reese miniatures

I bake the cookies according to directions on the package (see, if asked I can honestly say these were "home made" because I baked them)
After they come out I let them sit for a second then put in the Reese candy in the center (upside down). Don't put it on too soon or the chocolate gets super mushy. 
Next after the Reese gets soft I put on the eyes. They stick right to the chocolate when it softens a little. 
After that I simply stripe the legs on with the frosting already in the tube. 

As an extra I left a few without Reese's for the people who just aren't right and don't like them.  On those I piped little webs. To do that easily I pinwheel that frosting from the tube and then drag a toothpick from center to the outside to spread the web.  
Voila! Easy peasy dessert that everyone proclaims "SO CUTE JENNY! SEE, YOUR SISTER DIDN'T GET ALL THE TALENT!" ok that last part is a lie. No one says that. But I welcome the day. Until then I will continue to take pride that I can beat her in a race. 







one year ago: brain hemorrhage shots
two years ago: skeleton pretzels

No comments:

Post a Comment