Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake


My niece Macey doesn't like frosting, and loves pineapple upside down cake - so her birthday dessert is easy for me to make....no getting out the decorating bags and tips (not that I don't love decorating but when in a time crunch this is helpful!). I saw this bundt idea here and thought I'd change things up this time - I love this idea and how it turned out!

Michelle at work told me she puts pineapple juice in the cake batter, and then this recipe called for the same - it really adds good flavor and makes the cake super moist. Try it!


  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 20 oz. can pineapple rings, juice reserved (note you need 8 rings cut in half, I had 2 rings leftover
  • 16 stemless maraschino cherries
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 small box instant vanilla pudding (omit if you use cake mix that has pudding already in it)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • milk
Preheat oven to 350'. Thoroughly spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray making sure to coat every surface. Drain pineapple juice into a 1 cup measuring bowl and add enough milk to make 1 cup of liquid.



While the oven is warming up I put the stick of butter (cut up into chunks) in the bottom of the bundt pan and stick in oven to melt. Once it melts remove from oven and evenly sprinkle the brown sugar over top. Arrange 16 1/2 slices of pineapple around the bundt pan, and put a cherry between the slices (see picture).
 

Mix together the cake mix, instant pudding, eggs, oil, and reserved pineapple juice/milk. Spoon on top of the arranged pineapple slices and cherries. Bake for approx 40 minutes until the cake is done. Let cool in the pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving dish.


This is such a good recipe - if you like Pineapple Upside Cake I hope you'll try this!

Oh, and it might not seem like an "October" thing but since I always make it for Macey's birthday I always think of it this time of year. Or anytime...it's so good I actually made a second one the next day to take to Al and Cathy's.





one year ago: make a miniature pumpkin owl













No comments:

Post a Comment