Friday, October 20, 2017

Ghost Windsock

I made this little ghost windsock based on the one I made for the Fourth of July (click here for that post). I had a big burned-out lightbulb in the craft closet that I've been saving just knowing I could make something out of it - and this morning it looked like a ghost head to me haha...so I turned it into a windsock to hang in front of the house.


I cut 8 strips of white plastic tablecloth and tied them to a small hoop (I used an embroidery hoop, you could also just use a piece of wire twisted into a circle. Put the lightbulb in the circle then cover with a couple big pieces of cheesecloth and tie to the base of the lightbulb with some ribbon. Add a skinny piece of cheesecloth as a hanger. Done.



I anticipated this would hang straight down but the lightbulb is making it's "head" hang - I like how this looks tho so didn't fix it...doesn't it look like a "dead" ghost this way (yes I know, a ghost is already officially dead but whatever - you get my drift).


This took me all of 10 minutes to put together and looks great blowing in the breeze!







one year ago: make a Jack O'Lantern candy jar


No comments:

Post a Comment