Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday the 13th (and some costume ideas)




For years my sister and I have dressed up for Halloween and joined the parade thru town with whichever kid was in elementary school at the time, sometimes we are our own thing but most times we "go together" - now that my nieces are older we don't get to do the parade anymore (and really, it's like a 2 mile walk thru town, usually in the cold and rain so I'm not super sad we aren't doing that part LOL)...but we still love dressing up! I usually go for the homemade costumes (I assume that doesn't surprise anyone haha), she always wants to just buy it. Guess who usually wins out?  Here's a look back at a few of the things we came up with (and for the most part are homemade!):

deer/dear ("trophy wife") and indian maiden

80's girl

this one is old - she's raggedy andy I think, and I'm the ground (green hair is grass and I have worms and spiders all over)

butterflies - I made the headpieces out of pipe cleaners and styrofoam balls

peacock and flamingo

trashy Barbie and her sister, juvenile delinquent Skipper

Mario and Luigi

Mark made the frame for these "cars" and I decorated them with paint and duct tape...my sis didn't help because as I stated before, she just wants to buy them so if I insist on homemade then I have to do the work LOL! They were so cool (a little hard to sit down and/or dance in tho)!

Lala Loopsy Dolls




and the cutest little cowboy and inmate ever! 



1 comment: