Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sarge's Halloween Costume

I didn't think how hard it would be to see Sarge dressed up as a bat when I made this costume - he already has bat ears and when I saw this pattern I just thought how cute he'd be. So the pictures aren't great, but he looks super cute in person. And he was a very good sport while I kept measuring and fitting him :)

I found the instructions for this here and followed it pretty closely. I didn't need the straps to be as long as the directions and at first the wings didn't stand up very good but after I sewed them closer to the back piece and bent the wires a lot they are now standing up. I'm not going to reprint the instructions, click on the link if you want to make this for your dog!

It's pretty easy - cut out wings from black fleece, attach some 16 gauge wire (so you can shape the wings), cut out an "H" shape harness also out of black fleece and attach the wings. Sew velcro to the ends of the 4 straps. Isn't he cute?!!!


2 straps go around the front of chest, 2 under his belly


"H" shaped harness with wings attached. 

two years ago: cinnamon roasted chicken with pumpkin polenta

No comments:

Post a Comment