Monday, October 12, 2015

Halloween Tree

 I had a thought recently about why we decorate trees for Christmas but not other holidays? Or do people decorate trees for other holidays and I've just never noticed? I'm not sure...but that led me to remember that I actually own a miniature orange artificial tree (why I own an artificial orange tree I can't remember...I know it was as meant as a Spongebob Christmas tree but that doesn't explain why I bought it!!) But what better tree to decorate for Halloween :)


Hobby Lobby is full of Christmas decorations right now and they're on sale (yay) so I picked up some small black and purple ball ornaments and black bead garland in the Christmas section - along with some glittery spiders, black flowers, black ribbon, and a couple pumpkin picks from the Halloween/Fall section. I put a short strand of mini lights on it, decorated like I would a Christmas tree with the black flowers as the topper - and it is SO cute!! I'm very happy with it - there, an actual reason to own an orange colored tree.

I get that you probably aren't as odd as me and don't happen to own an orange tree (or can't find an orange tree) I think a silver, white, or black tree would be just as cute. I've never tried to spray paint an artificial tree but maybe that is an option to make one orange...

No comments:

Post a Comment