Thursday, October 1, 2015

Mossy Halloween Wreath


I made 2 of these wreaths a while ago - even though it isn't a new project for me to show you I still think they are cute and worth sharing. They have held up really well, I occasionally have to hot glue a spider or bat back on but overall they are doing great.

I started with straw wreaths and wrapped a chenille stem around to hang them from (you could tie a long ribbon around the finished wreath instead if you want to see the hanger), then hot glued preserved reindeer moss (I found it at Hobby Lobby) all over completely covering the straw on the front and sides (any part that won't be hidden against the door). I got some rubber and plastic spiders, scorpions, and bats at the craft and/or dollar store, put some glitter glue on them so they are sparkly ;) and hot glued them randomly on top of the moss. I put a large straight pin thru the heavier pieces (large tarantula and bat) to help anchor them into the wreath. That's it! Definitely one of the easiest wreaths I've made.



 You could easily change this up and add whatever Halloween items you would like - check out the different small things at the craft store like pumpkin picks, feathers, witch hat and brooms, etc. I can also see this at Christmas with ornaments, pine cones, snowflakes, etc. instead of the bugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment