Sunday, October 11, 2015

Acorn Squash Stuffed with Meatloaf

My friend gave me this idea yesterday and I couldn't wait long to try it, it sounded so good! You might question how this falls under my "31 Spook-tacular Days" theme - so did I haha - I guess since we have to eat in October and this seems like the perfect fall dish, I'm including it :)
My husband says it looks like a dragon's eye and I should have named it that, although I think it looks more like a sunflower...he said that's because I have a sunny disposition and see flowers, he sees dragons. HA! Made me laugh...


I cut off both ends of 2 acorn squash and scooped out the seeds; filled each half with about 1 cup of meatloaf (click there for my recipe) mixture and baked at 350' - normally I bake meatloaf for an hour or so but I didn't research baking a stuffed squash and this took almost 2 hours to get the squash cooked until it was soft... I should have pre-baked the squash to give it a head start. My meatloaf recipe makes 2 pans so I had lots left over that I didn't stuff into  the squash - I put that into a baking dish, leaving a channel all around the edges for any grease to run off, and baked it at the same time (for one hour),  I'll freeze that one for later. Really good, I will definitely be making this again.





No comments:

Post a Comment