Saturday, October 24, 2015

"App" Halloween Costume


My niece and some friends are dressing up for Halloween as "Apps" - I didn't really understand this idea at first but it's what they came up and asked for my help so I went with it :) Turned out cute!

Brooke was a big help and did most of the work actually - how nice! She found the images online, sized them accordingly and reversed the image before printing them out onto fabric transfer paper (instructions come with the transfer paper and it was very easy - I found the paper at Walmart). We then decided where to place them on t-shirts and I ironed them on.


She said "take my picture, I'm doing a
really good job cutting this one out"

They are finishing these costumes with store bought tutus and leggings - Brooke asked me to crochet her a beanie since it will probably be cold for trick or treating... my sister asked why we don't just buy a cheap one but B wants homemade - awwwwwww - how could I say no? So I'm sure in the next few days you'll be seeing a "crocheted beanie" post haha!

I used a yardstick to measure halfway
across and 4.5 inches down to get the
image centered. Then iron according to
directions.


If you need a quick easy last minute costume think about fabric transfers -  download an image and iron it on...the hard part is coming up with what you want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment