Wednesday, October 7, 2015

BOO painted mug

Super easy quick (love those words!) project that anyone can do...



I found a plain white coffee mug (this one is from Walmart) and put stickers on it spelling "boo"; then made little dots all around the stickers with paint markers (I've read you can use sharpies but I've only done it with these paint markers - they are easy to use and come in lots of colors), I started with black and then added silver and orange on top radiating out from the words so it's thicker in the center of the design and then fades out. Then carefully remove the stickers - I used a pin to lift up an edge and then peeled them off. Up to this point you can wash off the design if you goofed or just changed your mind - if you like your finished project and want to "set" your design so it won't wash off, put the painted mug in a low oven (I did 300') for 30 minutes, turn oven off and let the mug cool down in the oven before taking it out.

You can obviously change your words and colors to whatever you want, or paint on other things (vase, bowl, plate, etc.). Have fun!


2 comments: