Friday, October 23, 2015

Pumpkin Line-Up


Went to a local farm that grows tons of pumpkins, gourds, etc. and picked out a few to make my little creepy/cute row of pumpkins that I put outside on a bench - they are pretty simple and didn't take me very long to do.

Note: I didn't carve out the insides of any of these...

  •  for the "zombies" I hollowed out two openings and jammed ping pong balls in (painted with bloodshot eyes, I've had them a while but think they came from the Halloween Store - don't make the openings too big or the balls will fall into the pumpkin), then just cut a thin slit underneath for a mouth.
  • for the "vampire" I cut an opening just big enough to hold a set of plastic fangs (they come in a bag of approx 10, I've seen them lots of places - not hard to find)
  • for the one with the sewn shut looking mouth: I cut a small mouth opening and made 4 holes with a skewer across the top and bottom of mouth.  Then I cut the fluffy ends off of qtips, bent the sticks a little bit and stuck them into the little holes.
  • The middle one I just cut a slit for a mouth and used googly eye push pins. 
  • I also bought 2 cinderella pumpkins and gourds - I didn't notice that one of the pumpkins had a mushy spot in the top so I stuck a small rubber rat in the rotted hole and stacked the other on top of it. That was kinda gross actually - sticking the rat in the mushy hole...ewww! 

the whole little scene turned out cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment