Friday, December 29, 2023

White Elephant Gift Wrap Idea

We had a white elephant gift exchange last weekend - guidelines were around $50 and unisex. Dave went with bourbon hoping no one would want it and he could take it back home LOL (that didn't work for him, it was one of the more fought-over gifts!). I bought a 12 pound weighted throw but wanted to think of a fun way to wrap it because it seemed boring as is (no, no one would have cared if my square blanket was wrapped in a plain ol' way). Maybe camouflage it in some way...

After coming home from Costco I was going to throw out the carry box I used but then it occurred to me that it sort of looked like a footstool the way the box was formed -  hmmm, I could make my blanket look and feel like a stool! 

I completely wrapped the box in paper, even the underside in case anyone looked and saw that it was just cardboard, folded the blanket to fit exactly on top of the box so it would feel like the stool was cushioned, and then wrapped paper over the blanket and taped it all around to the side of the box. The box was very sturdy, and with the added blanket weight it felt like a padded wood stool. No one guessed that it was a blanket  - and I got to amuse myself by being 'tricky'. Cute, right? 


12.29.22: thru the years

12.29.21: wreath making (funny)

12.29.20: recycled card projects (rerun)

12.29.19: ðŸ”¥week 52

12.29.17: christmas bark

12.29.16: gold fish

12.29.15: christmas card crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment