Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Christmas Cookies

Made cookies and pumpkin bread yesterday to give to neighbors, friends, UPS Paul, the groomer, etc. I kept it pretty simple but I'm happy with how everything turned out. 

  • Candied Cherries and Chocolate Chip - chopped up red and green candied cherries, tossed with a little bit of flour so they wouldn't stick together as much, folded them into my standard chocolate chip dough. 
  • Caramel Apple - I doctored a Betty Crocker Salted Caramel cookie mix by adding a pinch of coarse salt and a teaspoon of vanilla. Stuffed with half of a soft caramel (seasonal flavor 'caramel apple'). I've done this before with chocolate cookies, click here to see the post and how to stuff the cookies. 
  • Double Chocolate Chunk ~ doctored a Betty Crocker cookie mix with a pinch of coarse salt and a teaspoon of vanilla. After they cooled I pressed their top into powdered sugar. 

To finish - I designed a double-sided label using avery.com (free) and printed them out on index cards (avery #5388). 







I made pumpkin bread using my (very old tried-and-true) recipe. Click here for that post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment